Large Construction 5+ Acres

Construction activities that involve the disturbance of five (5) acres or more, require a MDEQ/DeSoto Count Large Construction General Permit . The permit authorizes stormwater discharges from land disturbance and/or construction activities five (5) acres or greater; or for land disturbing activities, which are part of a larger common plan of development or sale that are initially less than five (5) acres but will ultimately disturb five (5) or more acres. 

Discharge of storm water from large construction activities without written notification of coverage is a violation of state law.

Construction Involving the disturbance of one (1) to  five (5) acres requires a MDEQ/DeSoto County Small Construction General Permit. 

Permits and Forms


Residential Development Agreements

Guidance Manuals and Resources

SWPP Guidance Manual    

Field Manual for Erosion and Sediment Control     

Erosion Control, Sediment Control, and Stormwater Management Volume 1-3

EPA’s Construction Stormwater Resources and Tools