Social Media: Policies of Use
1. I am submitting content voluntarily and on my own behalf.
2. The content I post reflects my own original thoughts or work.
3. I understand that the County has the right to re-post or share any Content, photos or videos that I submit on this or other County Social Media Sites.
4. I have read and understand the Policy, including the right of the County to remove, or archive Content as described in the County’s policy and as may be allowed by law.
5. I understand that any Content I provide may be considered a “public record” under state law.
6. I understand and agree that unless specifically identified as a resource for receiving requests for information under the state public information laws, County Social Media Sites are not proper vehicles for making requests for public information or public records under state law and any such requests must be made to the appropriate custodian of the records.
7. I understand and agree that my and others’ comments are subject archiving and that my comments and others’ comments are subject to removal in whole or in part from this site if my or their comments contain:
a. comments not directly on the topic raised for discussion,
b. obscene, indecent, or profane language, or pornographic images
c. direct threats,
d. Content that promotes discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, or gender identity,
e. the solicitation, promotion or endorsement of specific commercial services, products or entities,
f. links to any site or Content posted by automatic software programs (i.e.”bots”),
g. the promotion or encouragement of illegal activity,
h. personally identifiable information or sensitive personal information that if released violates federal or state law,
i. The promotion or endorsement of a political campaign or candidate,
j. Information that compromises the public safety or security of the public or security systems,
k. Information that directly interferes or compromises ongoing investigations, public safety tactics, or the safety of public safety officers,
l. Confidential or exempt information in violation of state or federal law, or
m. Appear to violate the intellectual property right of the County or a third party under federal or state law.
8. I also understand that the views and comments expressed on this site only reflect those of the comment’s author, and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the County, its Agents, Officers and Employees or its departments and agencies.