Thank you for visiting a DeSoto County, MS Social Media site and/or website. Provided below are the notices, policies and disclaimers for users of the sites. These policies and disclaimers apply only to the DeSoto County, MS site. Once you link to another site, you are subject to the policies of the new site.
SOCIAL MEDIA REQUIRED NOTICE AND USE POLICY
In order to better serve its residents, Desoto County utilizes user engagement tools and websites, including social media channels, to provide residents with information in more places and more ways than were traditionally available.
Content on DeSoto County Government Facebook and Twitter pages are subject to disclosure pursuant to the state’s Public Record Act. Please be aware that anything you post may survive deletion whether by you or others.
• Requests for emergency services should be directed to DeSoto County E911 not through this site. Individual complaints, concerns, or service requests will not be addressed via Social Media unless the County specifically identifies the site for that purpose.
• To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include sensitive personally identifiable information, such as social security numbers. The County hosted tools and websites should not be considered secure.
• If you have specific questions regarding a County activity or program that involves details you do not wish to share publicly, please contact the County Administrator listed at www.desotocountyms.gov.
• Posts to this site may be removed in a viewpoint neutral manner under the County’s Policy for County Social Media Sites if allowed by law and under this policy Section 6.1.2 (Right to Remove Posts that Do Not Comply with the Rules of the Limited Public Forum) and Section 6.20 (Removing Content, Posts or Comments of the Public) subject to the right of appeal under Section 8.6 (Right to Appeal Removal of Content or Application of this Policy to the Public) but may be preserved as a public record.
• The County also reserves the right to discontinue any or all County Social Media Sites at any time.
• Practical and legal considerations may sometimes constrain, prevent, or prohibit discussion by the County of certain topics, including, but not limited to litigation, pending investigations, and other topics through various media including social media.
• Following or “friending” persons or organizations is not an endorsement by the County and is only intended as a means of communication.
• Any references or links to a specific entity, product, service or organization posted by individuals on County Social Media Sites should not be considered an endorsement by the County or its departments or Employees or Officers.
• The County does not review, sponsor, or endorse any other website(s) linked to its website or to County Social Media Sites. The views and opinions of authors expressed on those websites do not necessarily state or reflect the opinion of the County and may not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying any endorsement or approval of any product, person, or service by the County or its Employees, Agents or Officers.
• The County is not responsible for Content that appears on external links.
• The County is not responsible for and does not guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness or security of any link, external website or its Content.
• Investors determining whether to invest or continue to invest in the County’s debt offerings should not rely on information posted on the site in making their decisions to invest or not to invest; information regarding the County’s financial position is posted at www.desotocountyms.gov.
Any questions should be directed to the Social Media Administrator.
By accessing this site, posting or commenting I acknowledge having been advised of and understand the foregoing.