Mark Gardner Biography
Mark Gardner was first elected in 2011 and re-elected in 2015 and 2019 to represent District Two.
District Two (PDF) is the smallest district by size but contains most of the population of the City of Southaven and the western section of the City of Olive Branch. Supervisor Gardner prides himself on working with the municipalities to enhance the lives of citizens.
His motto is "Government that works together, works better."
- Graduate of Hernando High School
- A.A.S. Degree - Northwest Jr. College
- Advanced E.M.T. Degree - University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Additional Studies Include: Principles of Management, Human Resources, Accounting, and Public Relations
- Currently a Broker/Realtor/Property Manager with Bill Sexton Realty and Appraisals
- 25 years in senior management with Fortune 500 Companies in Telecommunications
- Member of Board of Directors of the Mississippi Cable Association
- President of the Arkansas Cable Association
- Small Business Owner and Operator in Desoto County
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Mississippi Cable TV Association
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Southern Cable TV Association
- North MS Chairman – Mississippi One-Call Damage Prevention Committee
- President of the Mid-South Chapter of the Society of Cable Television Engineers (SCTE)
Volunteer Service as a First Responder
- More than 20-years of service as a Volunteer Firefighter, Volunteer EMS, and a Reserve Deputy Sheriff.
- It was a honor to serve along side of some of DeSoto County's finest.
- President of the Desoto County Tennis Association
- Captain of USTA Mississippi Tennis Teams
- Member Southaven Rotary Club
- Member Republican Executive Committee
- Member Desoto Republican Club
- Member of Board of Directors Nesbit Community Cemetery
- Member of Board of Directors Samaritans Food Bank
- Active Member of HeartLand Church
- Member of Board of Directors of the Northwest Mississippi Association of Realtors