Flowage easement land is privately owned land surrounding reservoirs which the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has acquired perpetual rights to flood in connection with the operation of the reservoir & the right to prohibit certain construction on the land. Read on...
You can vote absentee for the Nov 2, 2021 Election at DeSoto County Circuit Clerk’s office: 2535 Hwy 51 S, 2nd Floor, Hernando, MS. Absentee voting started Sept. 20 goes through Oct 30 with voting Mon–Fri 8am-5pm and Sat. Oct 23 & Sat. Oct 30 8am-Noon. Read on...
On Monday, October 18, DeSoto County Supervisors will showcase Ingrams Mill Park’s newly finished restrooms, along with the walking trail, playground & community center. They will also celebrate the completion of the Ingrams Mill Road Bridge replacement. Read on...
DeSoto County Supervisors were honored to be a part of this year's “Honor our Troops Classic” fundraiser. We can never fully repay the sacrifices made by the men and women of the Armed Forces. Read on...
Now is your chance to Give-A-Hoot about Students and Teachers. Mississippi Wildlife Rehabilitation's Operation Give-A-Hoot gives local businesses the opportunity to sponsor teachers and/or classes for a WILD experience with Mississippi Wildlife. Read on...
Commercial Vendors are currently prohibited from disposing of tires at the Rubbish Pit and Central Maintenance. This policy will remain in effect until further notice. Read On...
- Gov Reeves Extends COVID State of Emergency
- COVID Vaccine Boosters Now Offered at County Health Departments
- DeSoto County Hospitals Receive Much Needed Help
- UPDATE: New Information About Vaccine Third Doses & Booster Shots
- Free COVID-19 Testing Monday-Friday at Health Dept.
- State Orders 10-Day Isolation for COVID Diagnosis
- Treatment for COVID Positive Patients Available
- COVID-19 Testing Locations
- Delta Variant Prompts New COVID-19 Recommendations
- COVID Vaccinations Available at Health Department
- MSDH Vaccine Finder Website
- COVID Vaccinations for Homebound Citizens
- Rental and Utilities Assistance for Tenants and Landlords
- Updated Public Health Guidance for Mask Use in Public Indoor Settings
- Mississippians Ages 12 and Older Are Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccination
- Mississippi Coronavirus Website
- Executive Orders Issued By Gov. Tate Reeves
- March 2020: Gov. Reeves Declares COVID-19 State of Emergency
The Community Resource Department provides information about DeSoto County government initiatives, news releases, programs, and services to residents, news media, and employees.